Friday, January 18, 2013

A chance meeting with Amina changed my life forever. . .

Happy Friday LUV'S!

I am so sorry for not being around on yesterday! A sista had a crazy day and had to regroup. .. .LOL! 

Anyway. . .I missed you guys, and couldn't wait to share with "yall" today.(I'm still from the South. . .lol)

So since this weekend is The Inauguration for President OBAMA, I waned to Thank each and every one of you who went to the polls to make this happen.

I am so glad that we are BLESSED to be in a Country and time, where we are able to be apart of the political process. I remember years ago, when I met one of the most fascinating individuals that I had ever met(at that time).

She was very different from me, her religion(She was Orthodox Muslim.. .from Somalia) her form of dress(she covered her body, and her hair with long skirts, and head scarfs). Her views on relationships(Men, were responsible for everything outside the home).

But even though she seemed to be so different, I was so intrigued by her! She allowed me to see a "bird's eye" view of her human experience, and as I consumed this, I realized that her spirit was loving , kind, warm, and intellectual.

I met someone who was LOVE, and it didn't matter where she was from, or what her rituals were. As time went on, she proved to be a FRIEND, a CONFIDANT, and it didn't matter to her how different I seemed to be. She gave me a chance. She was so willing and excited to learn who "I" was...


Becoming her friend opened me up to learn about other's, and see that they were just like me!

When our country elected it's first African American President. . . it was as though she WON! 


This was a VICTORY for her and her family, and they coudn't even speak the English language.To be side by side with us, as people of Color, and seeing us be trail blazer's. . .that's why she was here in the first place! 

So she could be a witness to this Glory!

She quickly became the gateway to understanding, and true conversation . President Obama made a statement to the world when he decided to run  during the first election.

He gave Women, Minorities, and people of different beliefs the permission to see themselves as important, as viable, as intelligent, and believer's in themselves, and their God. So I want to remind us, that "OUR" people around the world continue to need our Voice.

They continue to be the Voiceless, they continue to live through us! 



LET'S MAKE THEM PROUD AND LIVE THE LIVES THAT ARE SO UNIQUE TO US IN THE USA .

Thanks Amina. . .I will never forget you my friend!

As always

Innspirational Beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment